Self-introductory letter

 Dear Professor Blackstone,

I am writing this letter to you to introduce myself formally. I am Meenatchi Selvaraj but you may call me, Meena. I graduated from DPS International School and I am a year one student studying in the Robotic Systems Engineering programme in Singapore Institute of Technology.

I was interested in robotics from a very young age as I used to play with Lego blocks to build a multitude of things such as cars, buildings, etc. As I started to grow older my interest in robotics only flourished more and I soon started to look for various avenues through which I could develop and gain more knowledge about this field. I joined the robotics club in my school and they educated us on the various parts of the electrical components which make up a robotic system. My school teachers continuously encouraged me to pursue this as a career and guided me to apply to SIT’s robotics programme. Thus, I applied to this course to fulfil my dream of becoming a robotic engineer. 

One of the major weaknesses that I have is that I am not very forthcoming when it comes to presenting in front of large groups of people. But when push comes to shove, I can present quite reasonably without stage fright.

One of my plus points is that I am very determined and dedicated in all the things I do. I do not like to do a half-hearted job and I tend to give 100% of effort in everything even though it can be quite overwhelming at times.

I hope that my determination and dedication to this module will enable me to become more forthcoming and start to voluntarily present my ideas and thoughts in front of the class.

I hope that you will be able to guide me to reach my fullest potential and who knows maybe one day I could walk up the TED Talk stage without anyone forcing me to.

Yours sincerely,

Meenatchi aka Meena



Edited last: 29/9/21


Comments

  1. Hello Meena,
    I love the letter from start to finish. I could sense your character in every sentence, especially when you mentioned that you are very determined in everything you do, and how you do not like to do things half heartedly. I also admire your lifelong passion for robotics. After reading your letter, I can tell that you have vision and an end in mind, that is something I want to achieve too. Although most of your letter was beautifully written, I noticed a few phrases that have the potential to be even better! In the first paragraph, "SIT" can be typed out in full as this is a formal letter, likewise for the fourth paragraph, "I don't like to do" can be replaced by "I do not like to do". I hope that one day, I will be watching you on stage welcoming us to your TED talk. :)
    Cheers!

    - Colin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Collin,

      Thanks for your feedback. I have reflected the changes you mentioned on my blog.

      Thanks,
      Meena

      Delete
  2. Dear Meena,

    Thank you for this richly detailed, clear and concise letter. It's interesting to learn about your passion for robotics and how that has been nurtured from your childhood Lego play and school studies and club activity. I am curious as to what if any robots you might have already created.

    I also appreciate your sharing on both a communication weakness and strength. We've seen already how you embrace challenges and are willing to present before class. That seems to tie in with your willingness to give your all in whatever you do. To date I've been impressed by your effort, and as a small challenge, I want to ask you to try your utmost to help keep our Zoom lessons flowing with interaction. :)

    There is one minor language issue with this letter, in one sentence:
    -- Thus, applying to this course is the first step that I take in fulfilling my dream of becoming a robotic engineer. > (past or present?)

    I look forward to helping you achieve your goals and to seeing what your project group comes up with in the next couple weeks.

    Best wishes,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Prof. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to build any robots so far but I hope that by the end of 4 years will be able to build a fantastic robot. I have updated my blog to reflect the changes that you have suggested.


      Thank you so much Prof

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to critical thinking and communicating -Task 3

Critical reflection